Ants in My Pants
Wednesday, June 15, 2005
Opera in the Park
I went to see opera in Central Park last night. It's one of those fun things you do in the summer in NYC, I like these outdoor events: usually free, usually casual, usually a lot of people, and usually some nice picnicking and wine drinking. I went with my brother Robert and his friend Jennifer, but we were surrounded by other people too. It was Puccini's Tosca, not that we paid much attention, most of the people around us were most content with listening while they ate, drank and chatted.
I find it kind of cool that I heard a) Australian accent in front of us b) German accent behind us c) French spoken next to us d) I met a Swedish woman while waiting for Rob by the subway and e) on the subway home I heard Spanish, and more French accents.
Summertime movies in Bryant Park start next week...Hugh Masakela plays in Prospect Park next week...Philharmonic in Central Park is next month.... Sweet.
Kruger Cam
I know I've posted a link to Volcano Cam (observing Mt. Helens), but here's Kruger Cam at a water hole in Kruger Nat'l Park...updates every 30 seconds...maybe you can see some critters.
Comments:
Well, hopefully you guys caught the dramatic END to Tosca at least, where she throws herself off the turret..
Anyway, is there still stuff like that going on in Sept? (Thats when Im planning on being in the NYC area...and hopefully, youll still be there too:)
Post a Comment
Anyway, is there still stuff like that going on in Sept? (Thats when Im planning on being in the NYC area...and hopefully, youll still be there too:)

