Ants in My Pants
Thursday, June 09, 2005
Hiking
Hey, one of my favorite hiking places gets named to Citysearch's top 10 list! Henry Coe State Park, down below Silicon Valley, was definitely a personal favorite of mine when I lived in SF. My friend Jackie and I went at least a few times, along with various friends. Gorgeous scenery. Great wildflowers in the Springtime. Wild turkeys. Pretty little rivers. A hidden gem, we rarely saw any other people on the hikes we did.
Why am I not surprised?
A White House lawyer who used to work for the American Petroleum Institute was watering down the language in reports about global warming. See this
This coming out the same week that the National Academy of Sciences issues a statement urging the G8 nations to recognize the threat of climate change.
Evolution vs Creationism
An interesting little quote from The Ancestor's Tale (I'm almost done) regarding the 'Argument from Design' sums up for me the nonsense of the creationist crowd: "I have less kindly called it the 'Argument from Personal Incredulity' because it always has the form: 'I personally cannot imagine a natural sequence of events whereby X could have come about. Therefore it must have come about by supernatural means.' Time and again scientists have retorted that if you make this argument, it says less about nature than about the poverty of your imagination."
My favorite Martians
I still think that NASA's Mars rovers are one of the most interesting news stories in years.
Comments:
Hey Sam! Ill definitely keep the Henry Coe State Park in mind for when I find myself in CA again. :)
Post a Comment

