<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Monday, May 16, 2005
 
Huh?
My brother turned me on to this news item, mentioned it last night over beers. We both tend to be left-leaning politically, and while we're both often incensed by the same ideas, we do have different interpretations of what they mean. But this little item does somewhat tend towards his "the current administration are a bunch of traitors deliberately undermining this country" theory.
This first link is to an item, from Arab News, on the Saudi-U.S. Relations Information Service website. The article is about the fact that the U.S. is easing up on visa restrictions for Saudi businessmen or tourists.
Huh? We're making it EASIER for Saudis to get in to the U.S.?? Now don't get me wrong, it's not like I have a personal problem with all Saudi citizens, I'm sure there are plenty of decent people there. But - wait a second, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't almost all of the 9/11 hijackers Saudi citizens? We're making it harder in general to get into the US, but easier for the one target group from which we were attacked? I'm sorry, but that shit is wacked.
Here's a second link to an interesting article, I've found a few versions but this one is, I believe, the author's own website. It's not just about this issue, but deals with it as a piece of the larger problem of Bush's misguided and dangerous decision-making.

High School Ain't No Fun No More
Apparently, 14 year olds can't hug in school.
And just to prove that I consider Democrats fair game for mocking when they're idiots, check out this article wherein a Texas state representative argues that sexy cheerleading can lead to pregnancy, AIDS and herpes. I dunno, I always watched the cheerleaders when I was high school, and seeing their short skirts and green underwear never got ME knocked up.

Kinky
Kinky Friedman quote of the day, from The Prisoner of Vandam Street, "Cats sometimes seem to forget their friends. But they never forget their enemies. And they just might be on to something there."
Comments:
I know..whats up with that? No HUGGING in high school? For some reason, I feel like all this backlash by the powers that be will just result in MORE pregnancies by resentful/rebellious/ignorant (since theyre taking a lot of the sex ed out of the schools as even an option WITH parent's permission) kids and not less..hehe..
 
Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger