Ants in My Pants
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
Thoughts from Thailand, Pt. 1
- Trying to cure jet lag with large beers containing high alcoholic content = not the best idea.
- Sleeping pills only work on planes if you truly are tired. I tried an ambien and slept maybe 2 hours, then was up again for another 5, then slept another 3. Those long flights....
- Cell phone culture is pretty much the same everywhere; one week I'm on trains in NY with the loud talker, the teenage girl chatting with her friends, etc., and the next week I'm on a night train in Thailand, with the exact same types. They are finally getting cell reception on Thong Nai Pan...sigh, the end of the truly peaceful era.
- Jet lag can ruin a perfectly comfortable night train...I was falling asleep in my seat, but as soon as they converted everything to the sleepers, I woke up, and remained awake for the next 10 hours til arrival.
- You never know where you'll get a good massage. I was waiting in the train station in Bangkok for a couple of hours, and got a foot massage that was hands down (no pun there) the best one I've ever gotten, professional or otherwise. If you're ever in Hualamphong Train Station in Bangkok with an hour to kill, I highly recommend it.
Comments:
Post a Comment
