<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Tuesday, July 13, 2004
 
See, now I feel like I should write something that has nothing to with politics. Although, as I pointed out to a friend last week, EVERY conversation lately ends up coming down to politics. And I don't even LIKE politics! Heck, that's one of the reasons I moved away from D.C. all those years ago. And that was even when the Administration was one I tended to approve of! ...Maybe, though, it's not that every conversation lately comes down to politics, maybe it's that, to me, all these issues come down to common sense:
Isn't it common sense: To avoid cutting down all our forests? To keep the government out of people's bedrooms? To recognize that we live in a smaller, more globally connected world, where bully-ing our allies and enemies will cause us to be more alone and in greater danger? To realize you can't stop people from having sex, but giving them condoms (and education!) CAN help with population control? To see that the life of a human being with a disease is more important than the sanctity of a few stem cells?
Aargh. Forget it, I'll stop, funny how I keep going down this road though.

Went to the beach this weekend. Water is still pretty damn cold, but refreshing if you work up a sweat first. Throwing the frisbee in hot loose sand helps with that part. Could use a couple of storms to get the waves going though, more fun if I could go body surfing. Driving along the Ocean Parkway between Jones Beach and Robert Moses, reminded me that, we really do have some pretty beachfront areas on Long Island. Gorgeous, actually. Now, if only we had warm weather all year...

Made a damn fine pork laab with sticky rice the other night...I can never get it as good as my friend Gan in Thailand, but it wasn't bad. Good with a couple of fresh stringbeans from the garden.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger