<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Wednesday, July 21, 2004
 
On the road again...
Woo-hoo!  Finally did it!  Bought my one-way ticket to Thailand today.  Am I happy camper or what?  Yep, I ain't what, I am a happy camper. 
I leave in 5 weeks.  Can't wait now.  Funny, it still took me several days of web searching, comparing, rationalizing, comparing, looking, before finally buying the ticket.  When I first went on a long trip, I realized that the hardest step is not leaving, it's deciding to actually leave; actually going ahead and buying the damn ticket.  But now once that's done, it's as easy as pie.
Next several weeks will be: finishing work (12 work days left), shopping (stock up the med-kit, visit The Strand for books worthy of swapping on the beach once I'm done with 'em), buying some travel insurance (I think I found some for $350 for 8 months), pre-packing (can I fit 3 frisbees this time instead of 2?), catching up with a few people (funny how I can be here for 8 months and still barely have seen some people), getting those last minute minor details in order (i.e. "shit, I should get a visa", "where IS my money belt?")...all the fun stuff!  Can you tell I've had a sh*t-eating grin on my face since about 12:30pm today???

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger