<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Friday, July 30, 2004
 
Limited Political Posting
I liked the speeches that I listened to this week at the Democratic Convention. Actually, one that I like a lot was Ron Reagan's. It was short, and to the point. And it didn't get too political (I'm sure with that last name, even with his progressive bent, he can't bash the Republicans too much). But he did point out a few obvious things. The life of a person is more important than the existence of a few cells that have the capacity to become a person. We should embrace science and the possibilities it suggests, not bash it for political purposes. There is an important choice we have to make in November.

Other Stuff
Last week I read The Lives of a Cell, by Lewis Thomas. Written over 30 years ago. Worth reading now.
Less than 4 weeks til I get to Thailand...wheee!


Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger