<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Tuesday, July 06, 2004
 
Entertainment Grab-bag
I saw two movies over this past 3-day 4th of July weekend. In Spiderman II, one of the quotes they use again from the first movie is "With great power comes great responsibility." Spiderman learns this. In the other movie, Fahrenheit 9-11, it's clear that George W. Bush does not.
Recently finished reading The Deerslayer, the last written but first in story chronology of the Leatherstocking tales by James Fenimore Cooper. His language can be a bit over-the-top at points, but the stories themselves are still excellent. I did like reading Last of the Mohicans in college, and this one is just as good. I'm also currently reading Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card. Science-fiction, I've always heard good things about this book so now I'm finally getting to it, and it's really captivating.
Before seeing Spidey II yesterday, I stopped off in The Strand bookstore in Greenwich Village, where I picked up yet another 6 books. One of which is Winter's Tale, by Mark Helprin, one of my favorite all-time books about NY, magic, desire, love, fantasy, etc. I needed a new copy because: it's one of those books that you always want to loan out to people because you like it so much, and then those people either disappear from your life or just never return the book, so this must be the 3rd or 4th time I've bought this book! Looking forward to re-reading it, it's been 8 years or so I think...
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger