<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Tuesday, June 22, 2004
 
Turin
I went to Turin, Italy a couple of weeks ago, my old friend Andy Berner was getting married there; I hadn't seen him in at least 6 or 7 years, which in some circles may make me the lamest friend ever, but I was extremely happy to be invited and present on such an occasion. Thw wedding itself was beautiful, at a villa in the hills outside of Turin. Great people, good laughs, good food, good desserts (!), even some fun Hora and regular dancing at various points in the evening.
The worst part of the whole trip was the shrieking child on the plane ride back to the States; I think maybe airlines should invest in a small sound-proof room for babies that won't shut up. I'm not talking take-off/landing ear troubles either, I'm talking the whole way...grrr....
Anyways, some nice things to do in Turin:
Drink wine - lots of nice bars with outside seating, tasty snacks.
Drink espresso - un cafe. grazie. important words to know.
Walk around - some great architecture, cute shops, nice river, and some cool museums. I didn't go see The Shroud, but I was told it was away somewhere, so there was a replica (of the shroud, in itself proven a fake) on display instead. I did go to a fantastic Egyptian Musuem with a nice collection, and also a museum of cinema that was fun and informative (and housed in an amazing building, originally intended to be a synagogue, it's the most noticeable building in the skyline there)
Eat gelato - honestly I don't know how all those Italian girls were so skinny, they ate so much gelato!
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger