<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Tuesday, June 01, 2004
 
Tis a Season
3 months. And I'm outta here. Back to Thailand. Would be leaving earlier, but for the drastic increase in airfares for the summer. It's kinda funny, because June-August isn't even the nicest time of year to be in Thailand. A) when the weather's good here, not as many people are going to want to fly halfway around the world to the tropics and B) it's really not the nicest time of year in Thailand, weather-wise. Not that it's bad weather then...just not as nice as say, February-March. But anyways...prices just seem a little too high right now. Much as how I'd love to be out of NY before the Attack of the Republicans, it makes more sense to wait a few days, and have that much more money to spend once in Thailand. Speaking of the Republicans, there was an ad in the Metro paper today: full page back cover, picture of Ed Koch, slogan was something like "New York: it's not just for Democrats" and encouraging people to volunteer to help the Republicans out. I dunno, they seem to think the Convention will bring in money to NY. But really, do you see these Republican delegates going to some hot dog stand, or local bar, or corner green grocer? Except for the occasional bottled water, I'd reckon most of 'em are just gonna eat in their nice hotels, drink in their nice hotel bars. Since those hotels are large corporations, I can't imagine the city of NY is actually going to benefit very much. Well, maybe the cab drivers will. But also, think of the amount of time and energy that's going to be spent on security issues. Is that really going to make the city a profit? It's all just capitalizing on 9-11, really, "OOh, see look, we CARE about NY, because NY got attacked" Yeah right. Politics as usual. I tell ya, if I were emperor, I'd be running this country a WHOLE lot differently.
TV Corner: as I was just watching it yesterday, just thought I'd make a note of Dinner for Five, Jon Favreau's show on IFC. It's just him and 4 other actors (usually, though I've seen a couple writers and musicians too) sitting around having dinner and talking. He doesn't act like a talk show host, maybe a little more like a moderator. And he tends to have interesting guests. Well, at least the 1/2 hour it's edited down to makes them seem interesting. Worth a watch.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger