<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Tuesday, May 25, 2004
 
KHAN!! KHAN!! KHAN!!
Nah, not a movie review (although...Wrath of Khan is a great flick). Just something I'd been thinking more and more about in these modern times: when I was in college, taking a seminar about Alexander the Great, Professor Szegedy-Maszak taught us about the tragic cycle of Koros-Hubris-Ate-Nemesis, the eventual downfall. And the last couple years I've really felt like that's the direction that George W. Bush is taking this country: from a good situation, to pushing his arrogance too far, and eventually America will end up suffering greatly for it. If the idea intrigues you, do a Google search, you'll even find other people's websites who apparently feel the same way, for instance this one: http://www.lewrockwell.com/wallace/wallace102.html. It was written in March 2003, and while I don't completely agree with the guy, it's a good little read. Then just think of how much further down the road Bush has taken us since then. Really, it's morally imperative the guy should be voted out; sadly, November might not even be soon enough.
Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger