<$BlogRSDURL$>
Ants in My Pants
Saturday, May 01, 2004
 
I'll take that media rare:
The Ayes Have It - And Uma's got a great pair of 'em. Eyes, that is. Kill Bil Vol. 2 was a damn fine movie. I only saw Vol. 1 on DVD, and I really liked it, but it was nice to see Vol. 2 in a full theatre in NYC last weekend. You can see how much Tarantino really loves Westerns and kung-fu flicks. Some of his nods are humorous, some just plain puppy-love. If I were Joe Bob, I'd say "10 bodies, 1 gallon of blood, zero exposed breasts (but oh those eyes), 1 excellent sword fight...2 thumbs up, check it out."
I Like Mine Hard-Boiled - My brother's been egging me on to read those old Raymond Chandler books for years, so this year I've been going for it. And you know, Phillip Marlowe is one cool character. I think so far my favorite has been The Big Sleep, which is the first of the series, but the others I've read are great too; perfect combination of mystery, dry humor, philosophical contemplation.
Reality Bites - really. Reality TV shows bite. The concept of watching a bunch of dullards trying to nail their 15 minutes of fame got real old after, oh, say, the first or second season of The Real World. The only reality show I watched at all this year was American's Next Top Model, and that's only because it was a dozen beautiful girls striking pose after pose for weeks on end, and who wouldn't want to watch that? (well, and I was rooting for the somewhat geeky looking one at the beginning and she lasted til the last episode, what a cutie!) I suppose the reality craze really struck gold here with Survivor, but when that first aired, I was just returning from my round-the-world trip. Why on earth would I want to watch a bunch of agro boneheads run around a tropical island in Malaysia? I had just been to islands in Malaysia, Thailand, Fiji, Australia, etc. Living my own life, my own adventures; honestly, without cameras, without prizes, without pre-determined co-habitors. My 2 weeks sailing on the Sulawesi with Steve, Jody and Sharon were a blast, totally unexpected, how could a TV show beat that? ...anyways, back to TV: if anyone has Bravo, they've been showing Keen Eddie, about the American policeman working for Scotland Yard. It's quite refreshing, it's well paced, funny, good acting.

Comments: Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger